Monday, April 25, 2011

Lab D- Just Dance!


This was probably the funnest lesson I have taught all year in this class.  I taught the game "Just Dance" on the Nintendo Wii.  I am not the greatest dancer, so I was a little worried when I saw I had to teach dancing.  Once I got up in front of the class, I just had to do my best and not worry about how bad my dancing was.  I got some ideas from a student who taught this game last semester, but I tried to put my own spin on it.  I chose the song "Le Freak" by Chic.  I felt that I was theoretically able to relate this song to a history lesson on the 70's that students may be learning.  Through the poster about the 70's I was able to bring that aspect into the lesson.  There was a lot of waiting time.  I guess that should be expected when you have to wait for the game to load up.  I need to be louder when the music is playing.  I thought I was louder than the music, but when I did my feedback analysis it was tough to hear what I was saying to students.  It seemed like I gave a lot more feedback than I have marked down, but that might be due to not being able to hear everything I said.  The challenge of mirroring your partner seemed tough for some students.  They didn't go in the same direction of their partner, or got lost for a second.  I was not expecting to do that last section of doing the dance without the screen.  As the song went along, some students got lost so I tried to improvise some moves without knowing what the real order was.  That was a good little addition, but I was not prepared for it.  Overall, I think I have really improved in this class.  I feel much more confident getting up in front of a group and teaching a certain skill.  I still have improvements to make, but I feel that I have come a long way.



Time Coding(part 1)
Time Coding(part 2)
Feedback
Content Development
Lesson Plan

No comments:

Post a Comment